Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fresh Air (on NPR)

A good friend of mine recently got me hooked on NPR. I've since subscribed to several NPR podcasts and listen to them during my half-hour commute. One of those podcasts is Fresh Air. This program consists mostly of interviews and often concludes with a review of either a book, movie or album. I have learned a lot about very diverse topics, from cognitive function to the war in the Middle East; from dealing with the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti to a research study in the 1970s that tried to teach a chimpanzee human language. This list only covers some of my favorites from the last 2 weeks. I highly recommend checking out some of the stories. I can promise you that you will not only find stories that interest you, but also topics you didn't even know you were interested in!

No comments:

Post a Comment